Saturday, September 1, 2007

Malaysia - 50th independence day!

On the 30th of August 2007, I had left office early to meet up my mum back in my hometown. I took a public transport because it was impossible to leave kl as all the major roads were closed due to the dress rehearsals for Merdeka. As I stood in the train and I overlooked the traffic and hustling of people getting in and out of the train. I remembered how it feels to be enthusiastic about the countdown.

My previous independence day since 2003 was celebrated with boost of alcohol not knowing the meaning of Independence Day. Of course back then I was still very young , and every countdown means a lot to my social life. By 8.30 pm I was all dressed, and with my super high heels, I was ready to take the dance floor after my dinner which would usually end about very late. After countdown, I would roam around with my friends then, looking for food at 3 in d morning.

Those were the days…… today however, as I sit here in front of my pc, I would rather celebrate my independence day and enjoy the company of my family and my close friends and escape the hectic jam and the crazy hangover i had in previous years.....

Yes, I have came a long way back then, although 4 years is not a lot but as I saw myself grew I also saw the country I lived in grew. People are more educated nowadays and although 50 years of independence is not a lot compare to Australia or America. But for a small country, the development was rapid and what I can see front my point of view, the country has already achieved much. From intelligent city in Cyberjaya, to Petronas Twin Tower and The Smart tunnel in Kuala Lumpur; Malaysia has outnumbered many established country. And of course, there are still rooms for improvement, but MALAYSIA would not be the same without me and you because we all play a part in molding and shaping our country be it now or the future.

And as for me, i’m proud to be a MALAYSIAN.. Happy Merdeka Day Malaysia!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Putrajaya fireworks on the merdeka eve!

narrowband said...

Haha, that's a nice shoutout to our country. Indeed, Malaysia won't be what it is today without the collective efforts and contributions by all Malaysians, regardless of our skin colour.

Anonymous said...

You've came a long way..make you sound so old haha...but nice entry.. memang penuh semangat!.. Hepi merdeka :D

niss.. said...

[neo] good for u mate...at least u enjoy the jam...lol

[narrowband]..there are things that you cant change about malaysia, but thanx for agreeing wid ma statement..

[voch] well, i am somehow older than u , so that makes sums up to a long way dude....

X'tina said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. WOW!you sure have a colourful life...enjoy life while we can Nice blog. I have linked you in my blog.

Regards: chris

Horny Ang Moh said...

Hallo! Glad that u enjoy independence day! Over here it is just another holiday!BTW tw for dropping at my site! Have a nice day!