Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Exactly what is important to you?

Exactly a year a ago, I joint this firm that I’m currently working for, time flies……….

Like every one who earns a pay cheque every month, I bet that at one time of a day, there are several question that you wished that you had answered to..

For example:

“ How to stay in love with my job”

“ How to get along with you colleagues”

“ How not to procrastinate your work”

“ How to achieve what you mind is conceiving…

Yes, and the list goes on….for those who do not understand this, my advice is to skip this post because only people who are devoted to their job knows what I’m talking about..

The truth about work is, it should not be about paying off your bills , or the car installment, or the food indulgence, or the craze to change the bumpers of the cars, or the latest gadgets or phone, or the must have shoes…

Your work is basically doing something that you have spend half your life studying and achieving it in the real world, gaining satisfaction for yourself, thus …..the reward of the hard work will be reaping salary or money, or commission, or whatever you called it.

Sadly, many work for the latter. And very few work for passion, for example: a designer could not jus work for money, I’m sure that he must have certain passion or idea for his/her client in order to proceed further , and after his client is satisfied with his work, thus his work pay off by the “ka-ching” pay cheque.

But then again, the love of money..is the root of all evil, many will go the distance in order to earn more money in the business world and sometimes losing their core value and their loved ones…

They spend so much time investing in their business, they start to neglect their families and children, taking for granted only to know that after achieving at the peak, they look at themselves, are there is no one to celebrate the glory together, because people who are busy earning money usually take for granted of their loved ones. (I’m not against those who earn loads of money; in fact I spent most of my time working also) thinking that their love one will always be there................ yes, there will always be, but the love has faded and their money can longer buy back the time that they have wasted.

some ..some ...some time ago....

I used to have an ex who work at the top level management, (Lets call him C), he basically earns enough to buy a kancil every month.... He would wake up early for work and will be very very busy for the whole day. But let me tell you about C, regardless his hectic schedule, or his crazy timetable, he always make time to call me, to make sure that i'm okay, that i'm full, that i'm happy....etc etc... sometimes he even comes out to have a little tea break at the hotel lounge near his office. I always wonder how come he had the guts to do such things like taking 2 hours off for tea and sometimes even leave as early as 3pm to accompany me shopping. (He was not the boss; incase you are wondering)

His reply was simple “ I can change many jobs, but I can only have one you”

It may sounds lame, but C prove it with his action. All that he has done, all is not wasted, and is still remembered.

What would you do today; if you’re busy with your work; would you call up your love ones jus to say that you love ‘em? or you miss 'em?

6 comments:

narrowband said...

Your ex... he's quite a guy, huh. Anyway, I always read that we shouldn't fall in love with our job, and always leave some room for a possible switch (to another job/company). And on your question, I believe that our loved ones are most important.

Anonymous said...

If i had to choose between career and love, i would choose career.

Even my significant other agrees with me ...

At least for now, we need to move and grow in our own paths before we meet again ...

Who knows what the future might bring ?

tanalan2 said...

True true.... totally agree.

niss said...

hi, just stumbled across your blog, is your name niss? i am in australia and my name is Niss!!!

just had to share that with you!

niss.. said...

[narrowband]..yeah, my ex..he is really something actually, will share it if he ever pops up in mind again....

[jason] choosing career would be at greater risk, you can't afford to lose yr love ones dear...

[tanalan2] true? for which statement ?

Anonymous said...

thanks for dropping at my blog.

i recently talked about passion vs money in my blog :P

anyway, most people will think that career shld come first. true, it's not wrong. same thing, it's not wrong if ur passion is for money. there's no right/wrong here.

what seems to be right, may be wrong for another. it just how u look at things.

for those who thinks that career shld come first...go watch the movie "CLICK" and tell me how u feel. :)