Friday, September 21, 2007

Love can do miracles

My grandparents will always have reason to argue. They literally disagree with whatever topic they would tend to discuss on and it will have no conclusion, but the usual case is that my grandpa would eventually let my grandmamma wins because my grandma is one fierce lady…

My grandparents have been sleeping in separate room even since before my mum got to know my daddy. So that’s pretty much heck of a years. My mum did mentioned to me before the reason they have chosen to sleep in different rooms but perhaps it was not a good story I would like to hear, therefore I have forgotten the story. I believe that in every marriage, there would be a chapter where its difficult to go through.

Whatever the reason, I wouldn’t know and certainly would not want to know. I’m glad that both of them are still staying under the same roof in place we called home. In between times when there are not together my grandpa would be seen loitering in the coffee shop across the busy street boasting how many grandchildren he has and of course the rest of his member would do the same thing, every afternoon, every day, same time,same topic.

My grandma would be at someone else kitchen ; (not cooking) but playing mahjong with her “kaki” . the common thing that both my grandparents share ?? is the smile on their face when they win d lottery ( nobody frowns ok , when the win money, unless you’re a nut case)..

Thus having said all that, my grandma is actually a very independent woman, (no wonder I looks a bit like her..hmmmmm) you see, she was sick since last week and now the only person paying attention to her is my grandpa, my grandpa has been taking care of her and although they no longer have love for each other, my grandpa still look out for my grandma.

The last thing I saw last night was indeed very touching, and I feel that I jus wanna share it with you. My grandmamma was already feeling lousy and she keeps whining of her back pain everytime she coughs. My cousin were in the hall ignoring everything she said whilst blasting the telly out loud. My grandpa was at the dining doing his usual stuff.

Despite the telly volume was blasting so loud, my grandpa heard my grandmamma voice and quickly ask for me to get him the “vicks”. (talk about age hearing, his hearing is damn good man)..as I passed him the ointment,i stood outside my room door watching his gesture, he quickly opened the cover, he walks towards grandmamma and showed it to her, grandmamma went to sit on the couch and grandpa sit behind her, he slip his hands beneath the thin T-shirt and rub her back. Through out the time, the were no exchange of words, jus exchange of action.

Lastly, My grandpa said something, (AND NO, he did not utter dialoque from Hollywood like

- your’re the air that I breathe OR

- I cannot live without you OR

- You mean so much to me OR

- You die, I die (or should it be you jump, I jump ?)

My grandpa merely told her to get some rest and grandmamma stood up and went to her bedroom. It’s really sweet that despite both of them had wrinkles hands and crow feet all over their faces, they were jus like and ordinary human beings, loving the person you care most. And jus that simple touch from my grandpa, my grandmamma succumb to whatever he has to say. Love can do miracles!

4 comments:

narrowband said...

Such a simple uttering, worked wonders. I hope I don't have to be too cheesy when courting my future wife. Haha. I'm such an un-romantic clueless dude.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes simple actions is all that matters.. It feels so great to see such bonding though ;)

Chengaloony said...

awww...

that's what we call commitment... more than just pure emotion.

i sniffled a bit.

jon said...

a very touching account and post. :) thanks for sharing it with us! :

jon