Thursday, March 29, 2007

Dress with Pride!

I actually wanted to blog what happened yesterday about a girl that I interviewed yesterday. I dun have the time..

My interview session starts at 10 onwards yesterday, and since I was in office the whole day, I told that who so ever who call in on that day can also walk-in for an interview well except for u know….PEST…. the secret to scan thru them is well..asking their full name of course…

Once they stated their names, then it’s also easier to scan, an auto filter through phone…LOL

Okay, okay, I know I’m very cruel and but this is what my company wants..no pest and no…erm erm..no others…hhehehehehheh

Okay, bac to the interview session, the first wan was okay, of course the usual …..but the last question was funny..

Interviewee 1 : how many days I need to work?
Me : 5 and a half
Interviewee 1 : ( keeps quiet for 4 seconds ) SO Long ar?
Me : what is short then?
Interviewee 1 : (Smiles)…….

The 2nd got lost I think, so she FFK an since she is not bother for an interview so I’m not bother to call her….

I think it was the 3rd one that I was shocked… she came in looking all sweaty….and good gracious me, she was dressed in jeans skirt and T-shirt… I was looking at her resume and she wanted to be an admin staff…. Okay….( I thought to myself and told her to take her seat)

Her language was all ROJAK , canto, Chinese and English, I wonder if she really read the newspaper by herself to apply for the job. And I looked at her age.. 24 years old!!!
That’s same age as me.. okay I know that I’m being very bias , but even so, dressin in jeans does not get you no-where to a proper job in office.

I’m not advertising for shampoo girl….hello? but that was not the proper word to say..

Me : Are you aware of the post you are applying for?
Interviewee 3 : HUH? Post for job?
Me : (Oh my god, this is getting so awkward)… so I spoke to her in canto..
Interview 3: YES. I know.
Me : ( For god sake, I asked u in Canto, u answered me in English)…( and so I smile)

The interview lasted not more than 5 mins, seriously, I asked her something, she answered another, I thought I was speaking in French.

I was only 11.30 and my blood was boiling, It was such a waste of time. I didn’t answered all her questions that she asked and told her that I will call her IF she gets the job WHICH I WILL NOT CERTAINLY DO THAT!

The rest of the interviewees were okay, nothing much. But I guess when you go for an interview, please, please dress appropriately.. the only person that you carry is yourself and it should show much pride, not more flesh. When you dress well, you feel good and you feel confident and that should be the way for any interview. It gives good impression to the person that is going to interview you.

No comments: