Friday, February 13, 2009

Grandpa, grandpa!

This is a story of a man who was admitted to hospital due to uti, urinary tract infection, go wiki if u wanna know more, but it's a problem where there is a frequent urge to urinate and a painful, burning feeling in the area of the bladder or urethra during urination. Also feeling over—tired, shaky, washed out—and and even painful even when not urinating.

anyway, that's not the point of my story,this man i was referring to is my grandfather. and this is him waiting for all my uncles to come a.k.a his sons...and my mum which is the daughter. he was admitted to A & E at 11 am, because it was a Sunday, and he could not wait for monday because monday was also a public holiday which is thaipusam...and i dun think any human could have waited for so long to be saved....

he was already in pain and feeling discomfort all over on the saturday, he tried to call everyone (his sons) on the sunday morning,
as usual my uncles have all turn to deaf ears because they were all too busy with their own lives and their schedule...my mum was like 100 km away and the only person whom my grandpa could actually reach was me...

We admitted him and he was unto all this tube up and down...

it breaks my hearts to see him in soo much pain because the nurses were hostile as they tried to poke his veins for av..grandpa still tried to remain macho even in his seventy
he tried to take the pain..but i could see how hard he had grasp the handle of the chair, i could see his knuckles turn white and i knew it was not jus a wee bit pain....which he told me later....
siu siu thong la which mean (jus a little bit pain)

For many hours in the ward he stood n stand, occasionally he fell asleep perhaps about 5-15 mins, but he keep waking up cause he said he was not comfortable sleeping in the hospital...

he keep asking me if all my uncles knew he was admitted....(duh! of course they knew)
but they didnt turned up..

Each hour from 2 pm onwards. my grandpa keep asking me if my uncles knew which ward he was admitted,i assure him that i ...jus like him... had call all of them to come and see their ONLY FATHER .... but none of my uncles called,

nor did they bother about their own father being admitted in the hospital,
or what was his condition,
or whether it was serious,
or perhaps jus call me to speak to him,

no ...!!!they did nothing....

i do wonder sometimes what is so important than the person who raise them up...
my grandpa may not be a good father because life was difficult last time,(which i will blog about another time, when i have time, geddit ? nevermind...)

but all my uncles (in this case is 3 of them)were having their own business and each of them are living quite a good life,sometimes.... it's their wife who scares me....
well...actually.... most of the time their wife scares me....
but how can they be so caught up??

Would my cousin go and see their own father who is admitted in the hospital when they are old one day? (which in this case is my uncles and my cousins; is their son)

further more, my uncles have been staying in a radius not more than 5km from my grandparents...and what could normal malaysian be doing on a sunday except lazing around at home or shopping?

my grandfather complaint,

a little while he would ask me to list down items he need,

a little while more he would say that he dun need them all,

later he would need another blanket,

or what if he get hungry at 12.30 am,

he is so random i tell you,

more random than me..

T________T


finally when it was about 7.30 pm,i guess that they all came and make a great entry of course, bringing my grandmother as well as the entire troop...i think the whole bed was crowded....more than 10 people..

my grandfather complaint and grumble a little when he saw my cousins, but i knew deep inside his heart,
he was glad,
he was happy,
their presence means more than the dessert that my grandma brought,
althought i think, the dessert is good enough to make him happy....

later before i leave he told he wanted Kay f See ??
his favourite KFC....with mash potatoes

quite demanding also for a patient...


But KFC also KFC la....what else can a grandfather ask for??

not like he can play PS3 or PSP?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

U r a good granddotter.

U got boyfren or not? I wanna introduce a guy to u lar... he often get urinary tract infection wan. Kakakaka. :P

But seriously, this happens alot in our society nowadays. The elders are often overlooked and taken for granted.

Akcerli, I'm guilty as well. sigh. And when I'm old, I'll probably also find it difficult to get my kids to come and admit me to the hospital. Can I call u then? :P :P :P

niss.. said...

[adrianlee] me got boyfren? u say leh?? i so hot u know....

but dun feel guilty la, if u treat yr daddy good, jayden also will sayang u wan...

Pookyma said...

Buy him the KFC when u have the chance!!

I nv had the chance to buy anything for my grandma!!!