Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Those little things!

I was sick the during the weekend and if you want to continue reading this post, jus let me warn you that this is actually an emo post. So if you dun wanna get emo, so stay clear out of this post k? dun say I didn’t warn you.....

A little intro first, Those who knows me; knows that they do not need to worry for me, because I have always ..and have been …a very independent person. Be it at school or at college, my parents was not worried for me when I was studying for my exams or for my finals or what the hell I was doing during my mid-term, even when I shifted house or when I went traveling solo, did my first interview or my first job….. my parents need not worry… they knew that I would take care of everything.. But for being a sick person, that was my ultimate, because being independent means that even though you are sick, you need to take care of yourself, and this is the part that I hate most.

Being sick brings out the worst of me, I become a very cranky person, I will not see a doctor unless someone brings me there and even after that; I will refuse to take medication and I refuse to eat when I’m sick because I don’t have the appetite.. I will keep vomiting and medicine won’t help, I will stay in bed until someone comes and pampers me..this is me ……..(when I’m sick)

But being sick and being independent makes me frustrated; even when I was sick 2 days ago, lying on my bed,....I remembered how was it like to be pampered by the person I truly love and treasure most, the times when I had H to be wid me.. (lets jus call him that)

*

*


When I was admitted in the hospital because of pneumonia in Year 2006, (yes , it was a year ago, but still..) .. he was always there,when i needed him, to be wid me and stroke my forehead before I shut my eyes when I open my eyes..he will be there, smiling...


During that time, H had stopped worked completely to take care of me. No man would do that..and he did. He knew that I could not be alone when I was sick, he would let me rest on his shoulder and comfort me to make sure that I will be alright. he will hug and squeeze me tight telling me that i should gain more weight.

Yes, H would also sit beside me during meal time making sure that I eat every single food on my table, he would make tea for me to smell the aroma because I could not drink it; but at least to enjoy it;

he would crush all the tablets and put it into small capsules that he sneak in so I would eat the medication;

he would let me sleep on his arms even though the weight was causing him cramps and he would kiss my forehead and whisper into my ears stories of his..and blah...blah... before I shut my eyes and go to bed……


Those little things that he did ….those little things that he said….

Well, they aren’t little……….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This morning I was thinking of my own set of little things with my significant other ... also wondering if she's thinking the same things ?

:(

niss.. said...

i'm sure she is..girls are usually a bit shy when it comes to admitting this kindda stuff...