Wednesday, July 11, 2007

For a stupid bag

Would you queue up for 4 hours or perhaps 5 hours for a bag which is design from Anya Hindmarch.

And if you don’t know who the heck is Anya, you can check her out at her website.. http://www.anyahindmarch.com/division/environmental_bags.aspx

Seriously, If you asked me, I really don’t have such patient to be queuing for such a bag….

It’s not because I could not afford such a bag but I could not afford to waste such time for a bag…

I understand if Malaysia queue up for free food or free gift , or precisely for anything that is FREE

but a bag made of cloth which is too simple and says “ I’m not a Plastic Bag” is totally ridiculous.

People from all around Malaysia came as early as 6am to queue up only to be devastated when they found out that they are only 200 pieces…or something like that…but ….I think the queue was about 2000 people from what I read from the newspaper.

Actually, the designer Anya Hindmarch had designed the bag to raise awareness to protect our environment and to encourage people to make small changes in their behaviour… instead of using plastic bag..or “to influence in a positive way to make it the most fashionable way not to use plastic bags” or so she said….very very smart!!! - _ -''

Trust me, I’ve grew and lived in Malaysia, and nobody actually will be bother to care for the environment, all they want the world to know is that they had purchased the god damn bag.. which is

“ BRANDED”
And from what I see, they can be carrying Anya Hindmarch I’m not a Plastic Bag” BAG and the other hand will be occupied with whatever plastic bag they bought from Carrefour, Parkson, 7 –eleven or whatever crap stores that give them the plastic bag. You think they will be bother to preserve the environment?

I got really pissed especially when people called up the radio station this morning to show their frustration and anger..for………for not obtaining the bag..

The reason?? that they had queued up for such a long time only to find out the bags sold were limited and insufficient for everyone…not because that they actually care that they should not use plastic bags..

Once again, if Anya Hindmarch would to launch yet another fashionable bag, which is cheap and affordable, the few person that called up to the radio expressing their anger because they could get their hands on the bag would once again be queuing up only to be as early as the previous time they went….

Isn’t this a sad , sad, world?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah,stupid bag...listen from radio while driving 2 work,rite?

Anonymous said...

Well well all for a bag which writes I'm not a plastic bag. All these buncha people need is self-awareness, its FREE and best of all you don't haf to queue up. Haha

niss.. said...

Yes people. we live in a country where people are more focus on the Topic: " me, myself and I" rather than self awarenes...(sigh)

auseniale said...

haha
couldnt agree much further =P

Anonymous said...

wtf is wrong with these people and the bag ?

There's a sucker born every minute ...