Monday, November 5, 2007

I’m becoming forgetful..

Ok, so everyone forgets thing once in a while. I admit that.

I have what my mum always called me “short term memory loss”.

And I think I have been applying such habit in office. My boss would say something to me which is quite urgent while I’m writing a letter or doing something, and I would write it down, and after a while. I not only completely forgotten the task but also forgotten where I have written it. He also had recently complained that I’ve been a little slack at remembering his stuff which he had mentioned verbally.

Lately, I have been receiving calls from client and I have written their numbers somewhere in a piece of paper but keep missing the papers which I wrote here n there.

I tried to counter my problem by writing on post it up memos and stick em’ on my monitor so I could find the number easily.

I found out that I have more headache because I have only written their numbers and names and totally forgotten why I should call them to follow up on what topic.

Thus , I took out all the piece of paper that had multiple colours and threw them away and find myself to lose the one very important number that I should not lose.

My colleague watched the whole scenario while I fumble over the trash to find that important number that I lost. She told me to go the pantry to get a cuppa coffee and come bac.

True enough after I cam bac and place my cup of coffee on the coasters I saw the pink post up notes with the number that I wrote.

“ I found it!!” I was screaming excitedly. My colleague stared and gave a mischievous smile. I suspected that it was her. It was her, the paper could not have appeared suddenly…..She was smiling sheepishly and after I gave her a long stare she broke into laughter…

“ I didn’t do it lah!!”……….

I still gave a her a long stare……she was laughing hysterically now but still denies that she hides my paper….

“seriously, la..i didn’t! i didn't do it!!”.. then she continued, “your friend (a.k.a Boss) took the piece of paper jus now, I dun even know when he took it, but while he came out, he left it on yr table, he also forgotten where he put the number la”

= _=

I took a glance at my boss while he was in his room doing his stuff, he looked at me as if nothing as happen……yeah..as if....

Looks like I’m not the only person keep forgetting things!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try sticky notes on your desktop via http://www.sticky-notes.net/ Could come in handy at times cos we face the PC most of the time. But i think the conventional way still works best although we constantly lose the paper and start panicking all over again :P

ARON WONG DOT COM said...

helooo!! hows life? me too... forgetful somtime:( got any cure??? hehehe!! take care ok:)

narrowband said...

I used that sticky-notes suggested by vic before but my computer lagged like a lame tortoise. haha. Removed it. Try writing in a diary.. or prepare a template that clearly indicates required information (time, date, when to follow-up, numbers.. etc).

niss.. said...

u all are very sweet to help me out!!! thank u, thank u.... yes i have a diary as mentioned by david, and yes i have those sticky notes virtual and oldschool, i think i should get a pda phone instead..anyone is helpin me to finance it..i sure do need help on that ..;)